Friday, August 28, 2009

ADAM'S HOME! And because of that, it kinda feels like Saturday...I've been a little unsure of what day it is for most of the day. I guess that's okay, though. It's better to have two Saturdays than it feeling like a Monday tomorrow or something. I don't really know where I'm going with this.

This morning, I woke up early to go to the DMV for what I was hoping would be my last trip there. It's been quite the saga trying to get my registration and title switched to my married name. Chase FINALLY sent me what I needed to have to get it all done...I thought...until I was IN LINE and realized that they only sent me a letter of permission to have it changed and registered to my new name in ILLINOIS. Now, I don't know if any of you have picked up on this yet, but...we don't live in Illinois, anymore. You'd think that Chase would have picked up on that, too...when I changed our address, registration, and insurance to California. But whatever...after arguing with the guy, hanging up on him, and coincidentally calling back to get the exact same guy, I was told they'd fax a new copy of the letter to the DMV. Thank goodness...OH WAIT...in three business hours. What the crap is the difference between a REGULAR hour and a BUSINESS hour?! Regardless, I got up to the window and explained my frustration and saga to the woman...and after a lot of silence and her looking things up on her computer, she checked the fax machine to find nothing, and had mercy on me and changed it all anyway. I profusely thanked her and was REALLY glad to walk out with my new registration and the hopes I won't have to return to the DMV again until next June.

The rest of the day consisted of some laundry...vegging out playing games on the computer...being frustrated trying to find the car rental place to pick up Adam...coming home...driving out to the base to get my ID to find out that we can't 'cause everyone went home 30 minutes before we got there...watching Hell's Kitchen and Shaq Vs., and eating a flatbread pizza. We were originally going to go out to the fair tonight, but by the end of the day, neither of us were up for it, so we'll save that for tomorrow and/or Sunday.

And so that you're all not too worried....LA County is HUGE...and while part of it is VERY nearby us (only 10 minute or so), the wild fires are further away. Adam, however, did have to drive through some areas of a lot of smoke to get home...but he's safe and unscorched :). We'll keep you posted, but from what I heard, they're starting to get them under control. Adam theorizes that some of the haze around here might have been leftover smoke...but I think it may have just been a bit cloudy.

And with that, I am going to wrap up for the night. I know it's hard to post comments on here if you're not a blogger, gmailer, etc...but feel free to shoot us an email/facebook message/etc. While this is probably considered fishing...it's always nice to get an unexpected word from back home. We miss you guys. Peace out.

(oh, and other than being excited to see Adam...Lacy's still been uncharacteristically well behaved....not that we mind.)

1 comment:

  1. It's like a kid. She probably did something bad, y'all just don't know it yet. :-)

    ReplyDelete