Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I realize it's been a few days, again...and such will probably be the norm from here on out. Things have gotten a bit more busy for us, which isn't really a bad thing, but keeps us away from the blog a bit more. Since I know this weekend will be no different, I'll update now to tide you over.

We've had a lot of excitement, lately (as you know), and this weekend was no different. Sunday, we went to The Well and rushed home to clean and get ready for our first overnight guest. Our good friend Andy Rice came to town on his road trip and good time was had by all. After spending a few hours getting ready, Andy showed up around 4. We took him on a tour of the area including pretty much what Rosamond has to offer. When we got home, we had a yummy dinner of stuffed shells, salad, and fruit that Adam made. It was really good. After dinner, we took Andy to the musical road (a strip of road that has rumble strips that play the William Tell Overture as you drive across them, constructed for a Honda Civic commerical). We proceeded to drive across it 4 times, tried to take pictures in the dark, and headed home to finish the production of our video of the shuttle landing.

Monday morning, Andy departed. It's always sad to see familiar faces go. It's generally kinda strange to see them out of place, anyway. It seems natural to hang out with those people, but odd to do it somewhere other than Champaign. And then, when they leave, it leaves a strange void for a while...It was GREAT to see Andy. It's been somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 years or something like that. He's going to be stationed in Hawaii, next, so it could be awhile before we see him again...but it was great to see him.

Monday evening, Adam got to ride his bike, and Sandra and I went for a hike in the mountains that surround Rosamond. We took our dogs...who miraculously got along amazingly...and went for what proved to be a challenging climb for me. It was really great to be able to let Lacy off her leash and see her explore and be free...AND more importantly PLAY WITH ANOTHER DOG! That doesn't happen too often, so it's awesome that she found a friend she likes. It was really good to get to talk to Sandra and get to know her better, too. (As a refresher, she works with Adam and is the person who's B-Day party we went to when I flew a plane). After our hike/bike, Adam and I ate dinner (It's left over week because we need to empty out the fridge. This means we will be having stuffed shells, lasagna, and spaghetti all week until it's gone). We watched Project Runway and then headed to bet to recoup from the busy weekend.

Speaking of which, I've had a really hard time getting up in the morning...and I generally go back to bed for a bit once Adam leaves for work. The past few days, I haven't been getting up as early as I should, but with another busy weekend ahead of us, I figure I should get rested up.

Anyway, yesterday, I DID wake up at a decent time...I guess...and took to making some cresent rolls thinking they'd need to be refridgerated and that I'd need most of the day to do that in order to make them for dinner. It turns out that the cresent rolls and croissants were right next to each other and the recipe I was already well into would pretty much need my attention for the next couple hours. So, after finishing that, Heidi and the boys and I headed to Palmdale for a little shopping. The highlight of the trip for Colton was Trader Joe's....and for me was purchasing my Drive and Learn German CD's. We'll see if I can be fluent by the time our visitors come...but considering Adam just told me they might be arriving a day earlier...it could be quite a feat :-p. When Adam got home, we had dinner, watched some Three Sheets, vegged out a bit online, and went to bed.

Today, I'm working on cleaning upon news that Adam's friends from Germany might be arriving TOMORROW NIGHT. This means a few things...One less day to get things done, we might not be able to eat at Heidi's, and a lot of effort for me to remain calm and stress. However, tonight, I get to go horseback riding, so that should help. Turns out that Sandra has a horse, and while she is wildly allergic to it, she still has him for sake of therapy. And being that I'm NOT allergic to horses, I might get to spend some good quality time with Magic to help her out. It's been a while since I've had any sort of "regular" contact with horses, so I'm looking forward to it.

Like I said, Adam's friends (Fritz, Elke, and Toby Kessler) are coming from Germany this weekend to visit. They will most likely come tomorrow and stay through Monday. We'll probably be venturing into Los Angeles, possibly Santa Barbara, and who know what other fun desitnations along the way. Next week Heidi and the boys AND Sandra are going to be going to San Diego (not together) so Adam and I will have to fill the weeks ourselves :-p (which probably won't be hard and somewhat relaxing.)

So that's the new from the homefront for now. Take care!

1 comment:

  1. So now that I have a social security number for Ben, I too called USAA (had to get him a member ID number). It is IMPOSSIBLE to get a real person through their automated phone system. I had tried last night online, but it didn't work. So this morning I spent 20 minutes trying to add him. Yikes!

    Anyway, thanks for updating. I'm not on facebook so this is my lifeline to you guys.

    -Kelli

    ReplyDelete