Thursday, September 10, 2009

well...time flies...

l
I guess it's been a while since the last time I got around to writing in here. This, in my opinion, is a good thing because we've been keeping more busy and my priorities have shifted a bit. It's been nice to have things to do and places to go to keep us busy. I assume that a lot of you are on Facebook, too...and both of us tend to do a better job keeping those more up to date than I have found myself doing this, lately. Here's what we've been up to the last several days:

Sunday morning, we went to The Well (our new church). I'm still really excited about finding it and we have made some good connections. It feels a lot more like home than anywhere else has, and I think it's going to be a good fit for us. I'm actually going to be teaching the younger kids once a month, too...so that should be fun.

After church, we spontaneously decided to drive to Ontario, CA (about 1 1/2 hours away) to go furniture shopping for our much needed and overdue table. Some people from church had gone on Saturday to pick up some things for The Well and highly recommended it since they got great deals. We went to tons of different stores and ended up back at the place we started at. We found a table, chairs and bench for a pretty good deal. The table is pretty big for just two people, but it's nice that we can finally invite people over. (It wasn't too appealing to invite people over for dinner on the floor.) Here's the table, along with our new rug:


For Labor Day, we spent the morning shopping (...which I LOVE to do...end sarcasm) because we needed the above rug so the table wouldn't scratch the floor. We also picked up some things we needed for the guest rooms since we have company coming next weekend. Then we watched Project Runway for a while and headed to Heidi's to grill out and hang out.

Tuesday, Adam went back to work and I bummed around while I waited for the table delivery guys. I was pretty wiped out from the craziness of the weekend, so it felt good to just relax a bit. Later on, after the table was there, I did some laundry, watched some TV, made some soft pretzels from scratch, and then waited for Adam to come home while frustrating myself by trying to find decent AFFORDABLE patio furniture. We ate some chicken salad and just hung out.

Wednesday was the all exciting 09/09/09. I had fun pretending that it was a big deal :-p. I even got a call from my mom at 9:09 (though that was entirely on accident.). I did more laundry, brushed the dog, vacuumed up all the hair...and I'm so tired I don't remember. Oh, I did whack my head really hard on the bed...that was fun.

This morning, I woke up feeling horrible. I was feeling really sick to my stomach and had a terrible headache. I was hoping it would go away before I left to go to the base with Heidi and the boys...but alas, it did not. I ate a couple of Colton's hashbrowns and felt a little better, and gradually felt better throughout the day. After getting my civilian dependent ID and doing some shopping with Heidi at the Commissary, I came home and laid around a bit. I finally brought myself to eat a leftover pretzel and a couple pieces of salami, made some dinner rolls, and cleaned up a bit to have the Lucas' over for dinner. The boys were a little crazy tonight, but they watched some of Muppets Take Manhattan, got to play some Wii with Adam, and ultimately left tired and happy.

I'm excited because I get to hang out with some new friends from church tomorrow with Heidi. We're going to eat French Silk Pie, talk, and watch girly movies. I'm also going to start walking/hiking with Sandra...a new friend Adam met from work. Things are getting better...and I'm starting to feel more comfortable here. (Don't worry...we still miss all of you, too :)).

So for now take care and...peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment