Monday, December 7, 2009

Adam is, once again, in Fort Worth traveling for work...and I'm left to my own devices.  It's kind of ironic that I have full access to the car and didn't feel like leaving the house.  That could have a lot to do with the fact that there are wind gusts of 70 mph and it has been raining all day (for the first time since we've been here).  Tomorrow will be a much busier day, though...and with Lacy getting her teeth cleaned, I'll be forced to leave the house.  Let's hope for better weather.  


We had a very full, busy weekend...but it was one of the better ones we've had here (in my opinion, anyway).  Friday evening we relaxed and watched Thursday night TV shows and went to bed somewhat early.  If I remember correctly, that was the night after I didn't sleep well on the previous one, and Adam and I were both exhausted.


Saturday we devoted to celebrating Colton's 5th birthday.  We spent a little time together relaxing and Wii playing in the morning and then kicked off festivities with lunch at Fosters Freeze, cake, and present opening.  Colton and I spent the afternoon making paper snowflakes while Jack napped and Adam devoted himself to designing paper airplanes.  That evening, we bundled up and went to Rosamond's Christmas parade, tree-lighting, and live nativity at Fosters.  It's funny to me that most of the community events seem to revolve around Fosters, but I guess the owners are life long Rosamond residents and took it in their hands to keep traditions alive.  We scarfed down some pizza after the parade, had hot chocolate, and realized the day slipped away from us and it was time to head home.  It really was one of the better birthday celebrations I've been to, though...and miraculously, both boys were very upbeat and well behaved for it all.


Sunday was church and Gather 45 (our sunday school before church).  Afterwards, we headed to Edwards and bought ourselves a Christmas tree.  I wasn't really anticipated having anything as big or pretty as we got...especially for the 25 dollars we paid for it, but I'm really glad to have it.  It adds a lot of warmth and beauty to our house.  I like just sitting in here and looking at it.  It is really pretty.  I spent most of the afternoon and some of this morning cutting out snowflakes, but it was worth it. 



And when my hands couldn't take anymore for the night (last night) Adam and I settled down to watch "The Polar Express."  He slept through a lot of it, but I cut him SOME slack since he was leaving in the morning for Texas (but not much.  He probably won't even admit I cut him any).


So, here we are.  Adam's not home until late Wednesday night.  Tomorrow, I'm taking Lacy to get her teeth cleaned (dogs are EXPENSIVE!), buying Adam's Christmas present, and seeing where the rest of the day takes me.  Wednesday will be devoted to doing a bit of cleaning, probably, and making some spinach artichoke dip for our Mid-Week Advent potluck and worship gather at church.  That seems like far away and I hope time flies.  He'll be gone for two weeks at the end of January.  I really hate when Adam's gone.  I'm grateful that he loves his job and for the awesome opportunities he gets through it, though...so I'm just learning to suck it up...especially since Heidi's husband is gone for MONTHS at a time and she's surviving.  


And that's life in Rosamond.  I'm hoping we don't blow away and that the lights stay on...but for now, I'm gonna go cover up and stay warm.  

No comments:

Post a Comment