Monday, January 11, 2010

My apologies to any faithful readers that we've let down by slacking off on the updates on here.  Maybe now that things are starting to slow down for us (kind of) I'll be able to do more regular updates, though I have to admit that they probably won't be as frequent as in the past.  Our holiday season was really nice.  We spent Christmas plus a few extra days in Byron with my mom and brothers.  It was really nice to see and spend time with them after not seeing them in a few months (and my mom in 6).  We, sadly, didn't get to see Adam's family as planned due to snow, but we're hoping to see his parents here in California sometime in February.  Fortunately, we beat all the craziness of increased security at airports, though Adam and my mom will have to deal with it next week.

New Year's was nice, as well.  We planned a party at Heidi's with us and several people from church and other places...although it ended up only being us, Heidi, and the boys.  We watched the ball drop live via internet and convinced the boys it was bedtime after that.  We indulged in more food than we should've and had some wine while we watched movies until 3 (Adam didn't make it that long, but considering our selections, I'm not sure he minded).  Adam and I stayed the night, had breakfast at their place, and enjoyed our New Year's buying clearance Christmas goods and just chilling together.

Since then, Adam's gotten back into the swing of things at work and I've had some time to work on our wedding albums.  We've decided to set a trip to Red Lobster as a motivator to finish, and I think we just might be able to make that trip in the next week.  I also finished and entered a painting into the Lancaster Art Gallery's annual juried exhibition.  I'll find out if either that or the photo I also submitted were selected this Friday.

Also in the next week, Adam will again be trekking to Texas for work...this time for two weeks. Thankfully, though, my mom will be arriving the day before he leaves and leaving only a few days before he gets back.  I'm really looking forward to my mom's visit.  It kind of stinks that there will be a lot more time between our visits in the future than between this one and Christmas, but I guess that will make them that more meaningful.  I hope I don't overwhelm her with all the things I want her to see! :).  

Well, Adam just got home, so even though this is a short one, I'm going to wrap it up for now.  I'll try and do another update this week, but for now...thanks for your patience and not giving up on our journal yet :).  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment