Monday, March 28, 2011

March Madness

Well, the second of the two baby friends I watched today just left.  I guess that gives me a few minutes before Adam comes home to try and cram in a journal entry.  


My second art class last Friday went pretty well.  I was shocked to have five children in my class as I thought there were only five signed up, one was absent, and I only had 3 there the week before.  Regardless, things went well.  It was a little more chaotic this go around since the three new children were all boys, two of which weren't really sure about staying without their parents...and thus didn't.  I wasn't that uncomfortable with them in the room...and actually taught them something new, as well, so that made me feel good.  We learned about shades and tints by coloring on black paper, doing some paint mixing in plastic bags, made a value scales and a couple collages.  I think they had a good time.  I think this week we'll learn about using color to express emotions.


I said that Adam's been working a lot, and this weekend was no exception.  He worked most of the day Saturday and Sunday morning, but I'm sure he didn't mind missing my Scentsy party as a result :-p.  I had a good time with the friends that made it to my house for the party (thanks for coming!) and Adam and I headed across the street afterwards for some pizza and Rockband.  Sunday, Adam (like I said) worked in the morning and I headed to church.  We both got home around lunch time and then caught up on TV shows we watch that we had missed with the crazy week we had (I think I was home for about one night last week!).


A lot of our friends have been going through some really tough times, lately, and that's been on my heart a lot.  There's been a lot of illness, death, and other really hard things going on.  If you wouldn't mind joining us in sending up a collective prayer for friends and family that need some strength right now, we sure would appreciate it.  My prayers and thoughts are especially with the town of Byron, IL and the friends and family of Megan Clift over these next two days.


I've been working hard on collecting donations for Relay for Life.  My church has put a team together and I'll be walking the relay in less than 2 weeks.  Thanks to many of my friends and family, I very quickly surpassed my original goal of $100...and by pretty quickly, I mean in less than 4 hours.  I decided to increase my goal to $250, and I currently only have to collect $10 more to reach that goal!  I am amazed at all of your generosity and am so grateful for your contributions and to be able to help American Cancer Society more than I originally thought. To think that I was initially hesitant to even participate (I'm a little busy :-p) and knowing how much you have backed me up makes me that much more grateful that I decided to do it, afterall.  Thanks!


The highlight of today for me has been watching Colin "play" guitar.  Here's a picture:



He was very careful with the pick and refused to play it any other way.  He also, surprisingly, only dropped it inside the guitar once!  I think we have a future rockstar in our midst.  I'm gonna miss him when he moves in a few weeks!

Well, Adam's home and I have laundry to do.  This might shock some of you, but you can't get much done with a baby around :-p.  I hope all of you had a good week/weekend and look forward to hearing from you soon.    -Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment