Monday, July 20, 2009

Hello faithful readers. And so starts another week in the life of the desert dwellers. Today has been kinda blah for me. I honestly didn't do a whole lot...and have felt a little mundane...but this happens from time to time. It makes the more exciting days that much more exciting, I suppose. As of the moment, I'm frustrated because I can't find the list of my addresses I wrote down for my kids that were at the wedding so I could send them some thank yous. It's gotta be somewhere...and I feel like I've hunted through everything and every box...but I guess I'll try again, tomorrow. I charged the Wii Fit battery, so I'll probably attempt that, tomorrow, too. Heidi called and told me I'm getting my haircut Friday. I realize that makes her sound like my manager or secretary or something...but it's really more that she has a car and offered to drive me, so I told her she could tell me when according to her schedule...which meant she got the appointment (and thank you :)). I'm still debating how to get it cut...and Adam thinks it looks good shorter... It seems like the times I've liked it best short were when I brought in pictures of Julie Bowen's hair. I'm still accepting suggestions...but here's what I'm thinking as of now:



In other news...I took this picture so my mom could tell me what kind of plant this is, 'cause it's kinda weird:



I made stir fry for dinner. I've never done that before, and we didn't really have a good recipe...so I improvised. I did pretty well, too. Adam got out the sweet and sour sauce and never ended up using it...which I take as a compliment. He also said I'm good at making rice...which IS a compliment, but doesn't seem like it should be that hard to do. Here's tonight's creation:




In the pan.....



And on the plate. And if you were wondering....Yes, that is a homemade fortune cookie. That is the one productive thing I learned how to do, today (if you can call that productive). Too bad I spoiled the surprise by leaving all the left over fortune papers on the counter for Adam to see. Oh well.

My grandma sent me some wedding pictures she took. It's nice to actually have some hard copies to fill the various picture albums we were given until I have time to make an official wedding album. They are nice pictures, and I'm glad to have them.

Adam said he just sat around and kind of wasted the day at work trying to get his clearance papers done...but he said he kinda enjoyed it.

And with that...Adam has told me that I look exhausted...and while I don't really feel as bad as I must look, perhaps that's a sign it's time to close today. G'nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment