Thursday, July 16, 2009

It's apparently become apparent that the visual part of this blog is mostly food :-p. Well, I am not at all known for my cooking abilities...so the fact that, amidst some of the more epic failures, I've had several successes that not only looked good...but tasted good, too...I felt like I needed some concrete evidence of my newly found domestic prowess. Tonight's dinner was especially yummy, as well...and took little effort at all. I got to use our awesome crock pot (seriously...I am so glad we got this one...I love how it looks.)


I like the stoneware insert...I think it looks more classy than some, and it can come out and be a casserole type dish on the table and not look like a crock pot. Our's doesn't even say Crock-Pot on the top like this one does. In any case, I made roast beef for sandwiches. It was too easy. 2 cups of water, one .7 ounce salad dressing mix, the roast, and a few peppers...and 9 hours later...it was done (and delicious). We also had some corn on the cob.

Now that we've taken care of the "What's for dinner" portion of the blog, here's what today brought. (Sorry if you don't get enough of the what ADAM'S day was like part of things...but he can't talk about it. Domestic Engineering requires less of a security clearance, and you've all passed.)

To sum up today...I'm nearing the end of my thank you note writing...though there's still plenty to do. It's awesome to be able to thank so many people for all the awesomeness you bestowed on us...and for all the support you've given us. You don't know how much we appreciate that...but you will in a few weeks when we get this in the mail :). I also cleaned the office...and while there's still some random stuff...there's not nearly as much, and it's a lot more organized and in smaller piles. I also tried to "organize" the cleaning supplies under the sink so they wouldn't all fall when I needed something...and washed a bunch of dishes (which I have to go finish up from dinner). I also looked online at some kitchen stuff we still need...and noticed how much my dog sheds in the desert. I guess fur coats and 106 degree weather don't really mesh. I kept thinking today was Friday...but alas, it is not.

Happy Birthday Roseanne....

and a good night to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment