Tuesday, August 18, 2009

STILL no modem...though the UPS truck did, again, drive by our house today. 3-5 days...riiiight. Fortunately, I've had decent luck during the day with the internet connection...so I've taken to trying to update now incase it's not free to do so later.

Last night was not a good night for us. We discovered that the cat had decided to pee on a bunch of our stuff. Granted, it was our fault that it had been lying on the floor...but that didn't change the fact that I was very angry with the cat...especially when we had to throw away several bags and books...and are hoping to be able to revive a few more things. After several suggested remedies we discovered online...we called it a night...exhausted, frustrated, tired, and definitely ready for sleep.

This morning...I became a little more homesick than I've been so far. ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition has been saying they'll be in Central Illinois for a while, but today was the day they announced the official location and family. I was very much hoping it would be somewhere I wouldn't recognize and people I didn't know so that I wouldn't be disappointed not to be there....but....not only was it a family from the Champaign area...but they are also members of the church we went to and run the ministry that our church was heavily involved in. Nathan Montgomery is the director of Salt and Light (saltandlightministry.org) and, as I said, a regular attender at Windsor Road...so not only is he from Champaign....but I know his family. All morning, I got texts, read Facebook statuses, and talked on the phone to people in the thick of it...and I must say...it's killing me not to be there. I really really wish I could be more a part of it than a bystander watching it happen from afar (but I'm so glad I've had internet so much today to be able to stay as connected as I have). It's hard knowing that tons of my closest friends are all rallying together...and there in person seeing it all happen...and I'll have to wait until the day after it airs to be a part of the process. Here's a link to an article and the website you, too, can keep posted on the progess:

http://extremebradyhomes.com/index.php/news/press-releases/extreme-makeover-home-edition-rewards-the-generosity-of-a-big-hearted-neighbor/?id=16

In other news...we're going over to grill at the Lucas' tonight. I'm hoping the tri-tip i've been marinading turns out well. We'll be indulging in that, fresh corn on the cob, veal burgers, and whatever Heidi has in store for us. It will be nice to spend some time with them. It's been kind of a lonely couple days for me.

On a happier note...we're getting a washer and dryer tomorrow. Some people at work were getting rid of it since they're moving and are giving them to us. I'm not sure of the energy efficiency of them or anything like that that I'd look into when purchasing them new...but it will be worth whatever money it will require to free up the hours that we would otherwise be spending at the laundromat that we will now have for other things.

Well...back to the grind. Hopefully...the next time this is updated will be from our very own internet connection. We can only hope...


No comments:

Post a Comment