Friday, August 21, 2009

It's been a tough week for me. All the excitement back home keeps me in a pretty homesick and disappointed state. It's just hard getting over the fact that all this happened so quickly after we left. That and I think I just have too much time to think about things, sometimes...and when you're already in a slump, negativity comes naturally. I've been having a hard time feeling left out of things, which is something I'm just going to have to get used to, I guess, 'cause I can't be included in much when I'm not there to be included. I'm doing my best to try and get out of the slump for Adam's sake, but I'm learning the hard way that moving away is not as easy emotionally as it is to pick up and go materially...

Not to mention the fact that we STILL don't have our modem...and why? OH RIGHT...because they didn't SEND it...so after 2 hours or so on the phone with them, we supposedly have one on our way and should be here by Monday...we'll see. I was pretty forceful, to say the least, by the time I had been transferred and put on hold countless times...I didn't have it in me to be cordial, anymore. I demanded a direct line when I was told to call and be put on hold again...and finally got somewhere. We'll see how quickly the results come to fruition.

Wednesday, I spent most of the day doing a drawing to sent to Illinois. I'll post it in the coming week or so. It was good to draw for someone. That's generally when I have the most motivation TO draw...when it's as a gift for someone else. I'm hoping that since I have good connections, it will end up in Ty Pennington's hands and in the Montgomery's house for them when they get home...but Nathan will get it eventually, regardless, and that's pretty cool. I just checked, and it's actually in Champaign, so it will probably be on it's way to Elizabeth, then to Scott, then potentially Ty, by tomorrow...sweet.

After drawing, I made some chocolate mousse:


It turned out well, but it was really rich, and after a big dinner, Adam and I couldn't stomach it to finish it. In fact, we only got about 1/4 of the way through and put the rest away for another day. It was almost like chocolate frosting, it was so rich. At least it was good.

Yesterday, like I said, I spent a lot of time on the phone. AT&T, USAA, various doctor's offices...by the time I was done, I was ready to do something mindless not involving communication...so I watched Gilmore Girls. Adam and I then drove to Tehachapi to go to the farmer's market there...only to find out last Thursday was the last one of the year. So...disappointed and a little frustrated (the theme of the day for me :-p), we went to see (500) Days of Summer, instead. It was a really good movie up until the very last line...which could be construed as poetic and symbolic...but was not a good choice in our (and it seems others) opinion.

By the way...it's been rumored by a Champaign radio station that the air date of the show will be October 25th. Adam and I will actually be in Champaign that day...and are trying to work out arrangements to stay an extra night and watch it with everyone down there.

And that's all I have for right now...I think I might go make a dent in that mousse. Peace.

1 comment:

  1. I miss you guys!!! I heard on the news today that EMHE will air during "Volunteer Week" in APRIL!!! Yikes. That' a really long time to wait if that's true. I'm holding out hope for October though (for your visit and the show).

    Oh, I'm trying to lose the baby weight and let me tell you, the chocolate mousse picture was just cruel. :-(

    ReplyDelete