Monday, August 24, 2009

Once again...I'm writing to lament the fact that AT&T has yet again failed us. The modem was supposed to be here today at the latest...but it looks like I'll get to spend some more quality time on the phone with them tomorrow...grrr...

In other news...Adam's in Texas for work, again. He's gone a week, this time and will be home on Friday. We went grocery shopping before he left because he was worried I wouldn't eat otherwise. I guess eating cookie dough every day last week and forgetting lunch on a few occasions tipped him off to that one :). No worries, though...I am stocked and ready to go.

The Extreme Makeover: Home Edition reveal is tomorrow in Philo. It has been really hard hearing about all the awesome stuff going on there and not being able to be in the mix of it. Yesterday, four celebrity chefs (including Rocco Despirito) from the Food Network joined in the festivities. I think it's been somewhat of a blessing not having consistent internet availability so that I'm not able to dwell on things as much. My picture I drew of the old house made it to Champaign, though. Elizabeth Giger and Scott Olthoff rock and got it into the new house this evening (THANK YOU!). I don't know where exactly it'll end up, but I'm glad it'll be there for the Montgomery's when they get home.

More importantly, though, I hope their dog will be there when they get home. It's been killing me, the last couple of days, to think about Samson (their dog). He was staying at Nathan's sister's house and got stressed, broke off his collar, and escaped...and is still missing. Nathan found out about it this evening...so just PRAY that he is returned home before the big reveal tomorrow. That would be horrible...and my heart is breaking for them...

So...I have an eventful week ahead. I'm going to catch up on some doctor's appointments, take Lacy to get groomed (she needs it...she's getting matted...which is a first), hopefully have the sprinkler people come fix our sprinklers, go to the DMV AGAIN to try and finish getting my registration and title and such switched to my married name, and whatever else comes my way in the meantime. Hopefully getting the modem will be somewhere in there...there's a lot you can't do when you're worried about an unsecure connection.

Well..I'm not going to push my luck with the length of time i'll be able to be online without interruption and call it a night. Peace out....


No comments:

Post a Comment