Sunday, August 9, 2009

Well, Adam's off in Fort Worth for a few days...and in his absence, I nearly forgot to write in the journal. Like I said yesterday, it's been helpful in recounting blessings of the day to write in here, so it's a nice way to wrap up before bed.

We spent the majority of the day together at church. We went to Sunday School and the service...and came away feeling like, after the time we've spent there thus far, we might visit some other churches. We love our Sunday School class and the people we've met there...but we just don't feel like we're getting what we should out of service. Granted, we were spoiled at Windsor Road and won't ever find anything that compares...but I think we felt more at home there and that's something I need to feel more at home here, period. We'll see what our search turns up. We may very well remain at the church we're at, but I have to know that it's the best option...and without having visited any other churches, I can't definitively say that, yet.

After church, we scarfed down some lunch and went to Lancaster to drop off Adam at the house of his boss. She drove him to LAX to catch the plane. Not to sound sappy, but this is the first we've been apart since we've been married....so it's a little strange...but somehow, it was a little easier than before, too. I'm looking forward to him coming home, Tuesday night, though...and it'll be a little strange to be sharing the bed only with a dog and cat. At least they'll keep me warm.

The rest of my day was spent with the Lucas'. We went to the pool...but only to find it closed about 3 minutes after we arrived...so we spent an hour at the park, instead. It was nice hanging out and talking to Heidi...and she got the first taste of my emotional side. At least she's broken in, now. I went back to their house with them for a delicious dinner, some coffee, and more good conversation.

I didn't get back here until late...and now have been bumming around on the computer for long enough. I'm hoping to wake up "early" and get to the DMV right when it opens to get my registration changed over to my new name. So with that...I'm going to go shower and get to bed. Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment