Monday, August 10, 2009

Adam's still gone in Fort Worth, but is having a good time. Lacy misses him (I'd say I do...but then I'd be "that guy". :)). Here's the fun and excitment that happened in his absence:

I woke up at 7 this morning to get to the DMV right when it opened at 8...only to find that the line was already 25 minutes long outside the door! (Side note: I had to go to the DMV because they wouldn't let me register my car under my new name until I had contacted that bank and they changed it on the title. I had a letter sent to me from the bank confirming that they had updated all my accounts to reflect that change...and thus, I was going back to update my registration.) Well...long story short...my registration ISN'T changed. They said that they can't do it without an updated copy of the title....WHY DIDN'T THEY SAY THAT LAST TIME?!!! They also tried to tell me that the only car registered to my name was a '84 Chevy...I don't own, nor have I ever owned, neither an '84 OR a Chevy! Then they tried to tell my that the car I DO own is a 2004 and not a 2003. Needless to say...I left with a hatred for the DMV. A GREAT way to start the day.

Then I got home and decompressed for about an hour...watched a little TV...had some lunch...and decided to go to the laundromat. That WAS a good idea. I got to read a bit (I've been reading "The Last Lecture" while waiting at the laundromat on various trips.) and it was nice just to be away and in quiet, for all intents and purposes, by myself for a bit. Of course, I ripped the laundry bag on the way to put clothes away once I got home...but at least the clothes are still clean.

After the laundromat, I went to the store. I found out that there's trouble on the homefront for Jillian and Ed...but after watching Good Morning America and finding out it's false, am glad I didn't give in and buy US Weekly just for that. I did, however, buy Crush, spinach, pasta, and grapes. Then, I went home...ate dinner...and tried to watch "Hair." After the first few scenes being more wranchy than I had hoped...I decided to watch "Jesus Christ Superstar" instead...which was a very good decision.

I now have wasted an hour or so on Facebook and am going to open up the windows to let the breeze in and get some sleep. Maybe I'll go to the pool tomorrow. Hmmm... For now...g'nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment