Tuesday, August 11, 2009

ADAM'S HOME! (Not that I'm excited about that or anything.) He got home about half an hour or so ago...freshly awaken from his slumber in his boss' car. He had a good trip, but he's glad to be back...especially since he'll be going to Fort Worth again in a couple weeks. Oh the life of a grown up.

I spent most of today cleaning the house up for Adam's arrival. I remember him saying at one point (thought I don't remember how it came up...I think it may have been in an answer to some silly quiz on Facebook I made him take) that he doesn't like coming home to a messy house...so I thought I'd do what I could to avoid that happening. I think I did alright...though I didn't make it to our bathroom....but you gotta have something to look forward to, right?

I also took some time, today, to search for free offers online. I'm not sure why...I guess I just had the urge. I ended up finding a coupon only valid for today for 2 Free Tacos at Jack In The Box. I debated for a long time as to whether or not it was worth redeeming. There's a JITB right down the road...literally...you don't even have to turn. After some warnings I did not heed and Adam's suggestion to go if I hadn't eaten yet, I ended up getting my tacos. I felt guilty, though, not spending ANY money, so I ended up getting an egg roll, too. This was my first experience at the Jack...and while the food tasted good...I didn't feel very healthy afterwards...so naturally, I ate some cookie dough and sat around for the rest of the night. But here's the kicker....Minutes after I pulled into our garage with my freshly deep fried foods...Heidi called to invite me to dinner. I wish I had gone...but Adam was on his way home, and I was fairly certain that fast food egg rolls and tacos would NOT taste good after reheating...so I stayed put.

On a slightly different note....I had a dream that I went to the White House. I wasn't sure why I was told to come or who had asked me...but I knew I was to go to the 5th floor and check in (I didn't know it had 5 floors...). When I went, she called someone about my appointment and was told to let us up for dinner with the president. For some reason, I was thinking the president was still Bush, I think...so I was surprised to find The Obamas waiting for me. I asked where their older daughter was...and they said, who knows. She had been unruly lately, and they decided it was best to let her learn her lessons on her own. Then I came home and told people they would never guess who I had lunch with...and Adam was like....Heidi. I said, no...the Obamas. Then I called my little brother who didn't believe me and then was jealous. The end.

So that's that. I didn't go to the pool today because I didn't feel like going by myself...and was feeling satisfied in my cleaning endeavors (and all the breaks in between tasks). Tomorrow, I'm going with Heidi and the boys to the base for story time at the library, playing at the park, and lunch with Adam. Then, perhaps I'll get to our bathroom.

Until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment