Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Last week went by super fast...which is good, I guess. I think we've started to catch up a bit on sleep, too. Friday was our last day of dog sitting Molly...and then we went for another hike in the mountains. Adam's become quite addicted to this activity. It started out as something Sandra and I were gonna do, but we might have to find a different girls only activity :-p.

Saturday, we went to Rosamond's Armed Forces Appreciation Day and SeptemberFest. We sat outside for a couple hours watching Colton's soccer team march in the parade (and, for some reason, every single beauty queen contestant in the entire Southern California area....). We didn't hang out too long there since it was 108 degrees, but we did get some snow cones and watch Colton climb the climbing wall before heading to Foster's Freeze for lunch. After lunch, Adam and I headed to Lancaster/Palmdale on a hunt for a dress for me to wear to Will's wedding. I'm pretty happy with what we ended up with, though it took a lot of different stores to find something that fit correctly. When we got home, we headed back to the park for some baseball (or as much as you can call it baseball with 5 people, two of which are under 5 years old)...followed by s'mores at Heidi's.

Sunday, we made it back to The Well for church. It was good to be back after missing last week. The message was good and it was nice to see people again. I'm so glad we fond this church. After church, we came back to clean up the mess that had accumulated over the week and then headed to the mountains again.

Yesterday was a fairly good day for both of us. Adam headed to work and I made some lego man cakes from the cake mold Heidi brought us back from Legoland. Their's turned out well, but I got excited to make another and forgot to spray the mold, so our's was a little mutilated. It still tasted good, though.
We had a delicious dinner of roast beef from the crock pot and then dropped off the cake at Heidi's before heading back to Palmdale for a little errand running. After returning the mattress pad that melted in the dryer even though it said tumble dry low and picking up some things from Target, we called it a night.

So far, I feel like I've been fairly relaxed, and yet productive, today. I've worked on laundry, written some letters to some of my old students from Next Generation, cleaned up a bit, sat out in the sun for a while this morning, updated this, and gone to the mailbox a few times. That might not sound like much, but it's only noon and I also got a couple hours of sleep in there after Adam left for work :-p. (That probably sounds lazy, but trust me...I'm a lot more pleasant that way :)).
Tonight, I'm sure Adam will suggest more hiking, and then possibly catching up on Project Runway.

It's been a little cooler here the past couple days. Yesterday, it barely was in the nineties, and today it hasn't reached 90 yet. It probably will in the next couple hours, though. This sounds warm, still, but considering we've rarely had a day that was under 100, things are cooling off.

I hope things are going well in the tundra of the midwest (and beyond). Drop us a line, and take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment