Thursday, October 1, 2009

Is anyone else in disbelief about the fact that it's October already? Time has definitely flown by, it seems. I was asked, tonight, about how I'm adjusting to married life. It's funny because that wasn't really hard at all. It's pretty similar to not married life except Adam doesn't have to leave at night, anymore. It's been a lot more difficult adjusting to life in California. I think I'm starting to get the hang of things a little bit, now. If nothing else, we've kept quite busy. Who'd have thought there would be so much to do in the desert?!

Let's see...where did we leave off? Ah yes...Tuesday. Well, surprisingly, Adam did NOT suggest hiking. I think he was pretty tired from going in to work early, so we ended up relaxing a bit, watching Project Runway, and going to bed early.

Yesterday was a bit more exciting (for me, anyway). I woke up and decided that it was GORGEOUS outside so I opened all the windows and turned off the A/C. This has been the first week where it's been consistently under 100 degrees. In fact, I'm not sure it's gotten over 85. Then I decided to go lay outside and listen to music because it was so nice. So I did. Afterwards, I ran a few miles...came home and relaxed and showered...and then got ready to head to Heidi's with Adam for dinner. Dinner was awesome...and so were the S'mores that followed. Adam headed home after dessert, and I stayed the night. Jedd's (Heidi's husband) mom was in town and Heidi had to drive her to the airport at 4 a.m., so I stayed at their house so that she didn't have to wake the boys up to go. Before the sleeping part, though, Heidi and I stayed up way too late watching Gilmore Girls. When I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer, I headed to bed. I was woken up by a 2 year old at about 5 looking for his pillow :-p. If I wasn't sure before that about not being ready for kids...that was enough to drill it home for now.

So, after a night of not enough sleep and an entire morning of more Gilmore Girls and everyone lying around and doing nothing...with the exception of Colton who got more sleep than all of us and was put off by the fact that nobody else wanted to do anything...I returned home to do more nothing here. I was REALLY tired up until after Adam got home, and then I got a second wind somewhere around the time we were watching Hell's Kitchen.

AND

Ben and Crystal had their new baby Dos, today.
This is Calla Adelaide Woods. I think she looks like Ben. And I'm super excited to meet her in person...hopefully when we're in town in October. Adam thinks babies are gross...but I told him to give her a few days. I mean, I think she's cute now...but it's fine. It's funny, too...after being more than sure that I was ready to wait a long while....seeing Calla makes me want one (but I think we'll stick with the not having one just yet plan :)).

So that's about how things have gone for the last couple days. I can't believe I've made it this late without falling asleep, and I'm starting to feel the effects of that, again, so I'm going to head to bed. CONGRATS BEN AND CRYSTAL!

1 comment: