Wednesday, June 24, 2009

12:00 P.T. - This February, for Valentine’s Day, Adam gave me a  miniature rose plant…so I could have something that wouldn’t die after 2 weeks that I’d still be able to enjoy, later.  Apparently, roses are hard to maintain, but I did everything that I could to make sure it stayed alive.  It had a couple close calls.  In fact, when we left for the honeymoon, I had pretty much given up on it.  However, when we came back, it had been somehow revived.  Perhaps because it was able to get a bit more sunlight…or maybe I had been watering it too much.  Regardless, it had new leaves and new hope.  I trimmed it down and it seemed to be thriving.  I was excited.  Adam had given up on it a long time ago, but it was a gift from him, so I was determined.

So what does this have to do with our trip to California?  Apparently this rose plant was a threat to the entire states economy and shouldn’t be allowed any further into the state for fear that it would transport the demise of the state of California.  If you couldn’t tell by my tone, I’m a little ticked off.  They took it from me, no questions asked.  I guess I should be glad to know I live in such a superior state, now.  So every time you eat all that delicious produce and food that came from sunny California, you just think about all the helpless, innocent roses that were sacrificed so that you could have it.  Maybe it will make your dining experience that much sweeter.

 ….Now it’s time to wait another 45 minutes until the next sign of civilization so that we can eat lunch.  Peace.


7:00- After what seemed like years of driving, we're at our house.  We've been here for a couple hours, but Adam's been running some errands, so the animals and I have been chilling.  The place is pretty nice.  I took a walk and only saw one neighbor, and he was a couple streets over.  He said hi.  We'll see if I get the nerve to actually try and meet people as the time goes on. Adam's on his way back from Walmart.  We'll probably eat dinner and then clean for a bit.  The truck comes tomorrow, so then we can start unpacking and make this place feel more like a home.  We don't have our internet set up yet, so you'll have to wait a day or two for pictures of the drive and our place.  That's all for tonight.  Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment