Thursday, July 23, 2009

As I sit here listening to the soothing sounds of Medal of Honor, I am frustrated by the fact that, somehow, a dog hair got INSIDE my screen. It's rather annoying because I keep trying to wipe it off...and it's not a problem covered under Apple Care, so it would cost money to get it out. So, here I sit...trying to learn how to deal since it is now a part of my computer...for better or for worse. How frustrating.

Today was kind of a lazy day for me...but you need one of those every now and then. I watched the View (which I actually do most mornings...but a day behind since we don't have real TV and watch our shows online the day after) and I caught up with a couple people on Facebook chat. Then I went to watch the kids sing for a bit at VBS with Heidi and Luke...where we later picked up Colton. Afterwards, we went to have lunch at Fosters Freeze. By the time we were done there, it was already well into the afternoon...so I came back here and looked online at some websites about the area and talked to my mom for a bit. I lost track of time and Adam was home before I knew it. I had gotten somewhat of a head start on dinner, but not enough...so Adam helped me a bit with cutting up vegetables and such. We had something called Chicken Supreme Casserole or something like that. I could go look, but I'm having a lazy day...so we'll just go with that for now. It was soup, chicken bouillion, vegetables, and chicken under a layer of crescent rolls from a can. Of course, we only made half the recipe...and still had leftovers. It was a little soupy because I forgot to half the amount of milk, but it still turned out decent. Here's what it looked like finished:



After dinner, we played some Wii Sports...and then went outside with the dog for a bit. Before our Wii Tennis tournament, I looked behind me and saw this and laughed:



Tomorrow's the big hair cut day. I'll take a picture and show you the final results. I hope I like it...but as Adam so eloquently said...it'll grow back. It's been a while since my hair has been shorter, so it'll probably be a nice change...and it'll be good to actually have some style to it...even though I'll probably have it up half the time anyway since it's generally just hot here.

Adam came home very mentally exhausted, today. He wasn't quite entirely sure what caused him to be so drained, but he literally just laid on the couch for a little bit to decompress a bit. Now he's shooting things to take out what's left. Nothing like a good war video game to make your brain relax, I always say....end of sarcasm.

So it's officially been a month and a day in Rosamond. So far so good...and like I said, it's been a lot better now that I have people to talk to during the day and go places with on occasion. Adam likes his job...and Lacy and George like having a bigger house to run around in. Candace is only an hour and a half away...and Andy should be in the area soon...and Adam's Aunt Julie and Uncle Jack will be here next weekend, so we're looking seeing all of them soon.

As for now, we're looking forward to going to sleep. Good night, all.

3 comments:

  1. I have a similar picture of Adam after he crawled onto a shelf of the diaper changing table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, I finally figured out how to post a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might just have to make that casserole...it looks good!

    It sounds like you're adjusting to your domestic engineering role nicely.... I'm home during the day, too, so if you ever want to chat, let me know!

    ReplyDelete