Saturday, August 1, 2009

You must have guessed (and have probably been waiting for this) that our life couldn't stay easy, smooth, and well adjusted for too long before something "exciting" happened to us. Perhaps the unusually late time of this post would be a clue to you that this time in our lives is upon us (as though anyone actually regularly checks the time of a blog post.)

At about 7 this evening, after having leftover buffalo burgers, tater tots, and cauliflower (had to throw that in for you)...Adam dropped me off at the Lucas' to hang out with Molly (their dog) for a bit while he went grocery shopping. He called around 8 to tell me he was on his way to come pick me up. Talking on the cell phone while driving is illegal in CA, so he normally calls right before he leaves. I got a call about 5 minutes or so later and assumed he was calling to tell me he was there...but rather, he was calling to tell me he can't come because he can't get the car started. The key won't turn in the ignition. Thus, I started my half hour walk from the Lucas' across town to the grocery store parking lot that Adam was in...hoping that my key might do the trick.

Alas, it did not...and after Adam tried, I tried, a random guy that had parked next to us and heard my frustration tried, and our friend Ryan who came to pick us and the groceries up tried...we lost hope and determined it is very much broken. After calling USAA for some roadside assistance, and waiting about an hour and a half...the tow truck FINALLY showed up. Even the tow truck guy insisted on trying to get it fixed...which resulted in this:

So...now, about three hours later...we are home. Our car is parked on the street...and we're left to figure out what the next step is. This is rather inconvenient considering we only have one car, we're dog sitting, we have Sunday School and church in the morning, Adam's aunt and uncle are coming to visit tomorrow, there's not any garages open on Sundays to fix the problem, and Adam has to work on Monday. Fortunately, we have some awesome friends from church (Ryan and Sandy Brown) who have very graciously loaned us their extra car to use for a while. We also ran into the next door neighbor in the parking lot who offered to drive me to the Lucas' (before we were offered the Brown's truck) if I had no other way to get over to take care of Molly. We're lucky to have met good people...and I'm definitely glad we made that effort.

On a lighter note, my dog is crazy. I somewhat blame Eli's dogs for teaching her this method of sitting on things...but here's some comic relief. The following is what happened when her toy got stuck on the random landing area at the top of the stairs and she was waiting for one of us to come get it:



So, pray that our car might get to where it needs to be and be fixed without too much stress both mentally and financially. Tomorrow will be interesting...but for now...goodnight!


No comments:

Post a Comment