Thursday, March 15, 2012

I'm 35 weeks, tomorrow...which I checked and double checked before I typed that since I have told people incorrect dates at least three times in the past week.  I keep having crazy dreams, and am very anxious in real life to meet our little guy.  I had a baby shower last weekend that some friends from church threw for me.  Kim is throwing another one this weekend for my non-church friends.  It's so fun to get stuff for our baby and feel more and more prepared for his arrival.  I've washed all the clothes I got from our showers and hung them up.  I put together one of our strollers yesterday.  When I have the motivation and energy (as short as the spurts of it may be), I've tried to make ever so small dents in cleaning, dusting, and organizing things to get ready.  

Last night, Adam and I had class two of four of our birthing class.  There is nothing about that class that relaxes me or makes me sure of what our decisions would be.  One thing is clear, though...the doula that teaches it definitely has an agenda.  I guess it works, since at least one of the other couples hired her, last night.  If I were going to hire a doula (which I'm not) I definitely wouldn't choose her.  While she has some good information, it seems like there has to be more calming and comforting ways to present it.  I almost cried when she told us about how they screw the internal heart monitor into your babies scalp if they can't find his heartbeat with the external one...sigh.  I am very anxious, though, to get the labor and delivery part out of the way and get to enjoy our baby on the outside.  

So far, things pregnancy-wise have still be fairly easy for me.  The heat got to me again yesterday when we were walking.  This is the first time it's been a problem for me while pregnant since my mom and I went to Conan.  I didn't bring my water with, this time, so that may have made a difference.  Regardless, I'm very grateful that I haven't been pregnant during the summer.  If that ever happens, I guess I'm going to be spending a lot of time indoors.

Not much else is new.  I have had a pretty easy pregnancy so far.  People keep telling me it will probably get more uncomfortable in this last month or so.  I do feel him more, and on a few instances, he hasn't been so pleased with the positions I chose to sit in, but all in all, I'm feeling good, still.  I have been getting tired more easily, again, but I guess it's better to ease into that than get hit with it all at once, when he's here :).

All in all, I'm getting really excited to be a mom and can't wait for our son to arrive.  I'm looking forward to seeing what/who he looks like and getting to know his personality.  I can't wait for you all to meet him :).

1 comment:

  1. Oh Erin that stinks that that class isn't all that great :( Here is what I did, on my own, because my attention span is NOT what it used to be: http://www.babycenter.com/childbirth-class-view?isNotLoggedIn=false&isNotSubscribed=true It's really great cause it touched on a little bit of everything and calmed a lot of my fears...

    Just try to relax because your little one'll be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete