Monday, April 9, 2012

As most of you are aware, by now, I'm apparently due in about 4 or 5 days according to the doctor.  They apparently decided this in December, but I just found out last week.  Initially, as anyone I talked to is aware, I was (as Adam put it) freaking out.  I don't feel like this was all that unjustified since our house was kind of a mess and Adam was unavailable for me to contact at work for 5-6 hours at a time all week.  This combined with me thinking he'd be late for the April 20th due date, but realizing they expected him to come much sooner just sent me into a minor panic :-p.  

Once Friday rolled around, though, and I got the call from Adam that he was on his way home, my mind was put a little more at ease.  Adam started a new project at work, this week, and should be pretty accessible from now until Baby Kuester comes.  I have only 1 or 2 art lessons left (if I don't go into labor before Thursday) and have canceled the rest until a couple months after the baby arrives.  Adam and I both got a lot of work done around the house on Saturday, so if something happens, we can come home to a clean house instead of feeling more stressed.  So, things seem to be falling more into place.

My mom, however, booked her flight before we found out that the due date had been changed. She planned to be in town a few days before said due date...so she booked her flight to arrive next Monday (a week from today).  Because the odds of him being late, and the cost of changing tickets is high (not like the tickets themselves aren't enough as it is), she's still planning on coming next week.  I think she's kind of on pins and needles, though, hoping that he holds out until after her arrival.  At this point, I'd be okay with him coming whenever, because I don't like waiting for things...especially when there is no definite end point :-p.  Regardless, I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday, so we'll see what, if anything, new they have to say then.

Other than that, people have started to pretty consistently ask when the baby is coming.  To that answer, all I can give is a wholehearted "I don't know."  What really bugs them, though, is the follow up question of "Well, when is your due date?" which I also respond with "I don't know." If they stick around long enough for an explanation, I give them what I know about when and why it was changed (apparently, both me and the baby measure a week ahead of schedule), and tell them a brief background of how confusing this whole pregnancy experience has been as far as numbers, dates, etc. go.

In any case, I'm pretty sure that all that them changing the due date did was to push up the potential induction date.  If anything, I'll probably get induced pretty close to, if not on, my initial due date.  So, I guess that it's just effectively making the day we get to meet our son that much sooner.  Adam's feeling is that he'll come sometime next week...which would be "most convenient" for him and my mom since he just started a new gig and my mom would be here.  I really have no idea and am trying my hardest not to care :-p.  

In the meantime, I'm doing my best to chip away at anything left I can do around the house before he comes (and if you're a homeowner, you know that is endless) without expending all my energy.  Perhaps this is as close to nesting as I'm going to get :-p.  

So...Adam and I will keep you posted when something significant happens.  Fair warning, though: I've heard wifi at the hospital sucks, so we'll do our best.  Facebook will probably be your best bet, but I'll post on here someday once I feel up to it and have time.

Thanks for all your support and prayers.  Keep them coming.  ___________ will be here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment